|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||March 29, 2013|
Berry wants to break a record for the biggest stack of pancakes. But it eventually becomes too hard for her. Will her friends be able to help her out before she loses the record?
- Berry Jars 'N Jam
- Sunny Side Up
- Crumbs Sugar Cookie
- Forest Evergreen
- Jewel Sparkles
- Dot Starlight
- Peanut Big Top
- Bea Spells-a-Lot
One day in Berry's kitchen, Bea is counting the amount of blueberries Berry is putting in her pancake. Once they reach two-hundred berries, Bea tells Berry that she broke the record for the most blueberries in a pancake, then suggests that they should break the record for the tallest stack of pancakes, which is three hundred seventy-five feet and two inches. Berry is convinced that this wont be a problem but she doesn't actually know how tall this is, so they go outside and Bea shows her.
While she does, Jewel, Crumbs, and Peanut come by and invite Berry and Bea to their picnic. Berry refuses and explains that she has decided to attempt breaking a new record. By then, Owl has reached the target height and Bea presses a button on the tape measure to get him to stop. Owl then marks it by tying it around a really tall branch and flies back down.
Despite the intimidating height, Berry is very confident and she refuses any help from the others when they offer, saying that she's sure she can do it on her own. Even after Crumbs points out that it would be a lot of work for just one person...
With this being said, Crumbs, Jewel, and Peanut take their leave as they wish her luck.
To be continued...
To see the transcripts click here
- This is the first episode
- The title card is placed on a pancake.
- "Batter Up!" is an obvious reference to baseball.
- Before the plot was revealed to be about Berry, some thought that this episode featured Crumbs as a main character.
- This is the first time that mouse's snack time causes a lot of mischief
- Forest is the only character in this episode to not be released as a doll in 2010.
- If Berry's pan is shaped like a heart, then why is the large pancake with the most blueberries round?
- When Peanut's elephant gave Peanut a "fanfare," it was not a real fanfare, just an elephant noise.
- Bea said that the chef who broke the record for tallest stack of pancakes before Berry was...Berry! Despite this, Berry acted through the episode like she doesn't even remember breaking the record before this episode.